Long Beach Car Accident Attorney
Should I Contact a Long Beach Lawyer For My Car Accident?
Yes, If you were injured in a Long Beach car accident, you should consult with an injury lawyer.
Not hiring an attorney could cost you dearly if your injuries were severe. And what may seem like a minor injury, like whiplash, could result in lingering long-term health problems.
Your medical bills could overwhelm you if you don’t have a skilled personal injury attorney for a severe injury or a lingering one.
Citation: Harvard Whiplash Study
After a car accident, drivers and passengers often face unexpected challenges as they recover. Even minor accidents can lead to property damage, time off work, and pain and suffering.
If you were injured because of someone else’s carelessness, you might be able to get compensation for your expenses. This includes medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. To find out more, speak with a Long Beach car accident lawyer.
If you are in an accident, an accident attorney can help you understand your case. They can tell you what to expect at each step of the legal process.
Our legal team is there for you when you need them the most.
Our car accident lawyers can answer your questions and give you their experienced legal advice.
We can meet you in the hospital days after the accident to work on a legal strategy. The sooner we start, the more evidence we can get and use to protect your rights.
We will be your legal representatives and help you get money from the insurance company and the people responsible for what happened.
California law allows for both economic and non-economic damages. Non-economic damages can include pain and suffering, the loss of companionship or affection, or any other harm that is not easily measured.
The damages are proportioned according to the comparative fault rules.
If you are found at fault for the accident, it will reduce the amount of the damages in your claim by the percentage you are found to be at fault.
California Auto Insurance Laws
In California, as in every other state, drivers must maintain automobile liability insurance.
The minimum insurance levels must be carried out are different for each state. California has set its minimums to protect drivers whose property is damaged or injured in an automobile accident.
The minimum coverages mandated by California law are:
- $15,000 personal injury for one person.
- $30,000 personal injury to more than one person.
- $5,000 property damage.
Statute of Limitations
If you are injured in an automobile accident in California, you have limited time to file a claim.
The following are the time limits for filing a claim:
- Two years for personal injury lawsuits.
- Three years for property damage lawsuits.
- Six months for claims involving a government agency.
COMPENSATION FOR LONG BEACH CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS
California law states that if someone is injured in a car accident, the injured person must show that the other driver was at fault to receive damages.
California also uses comparative negligence, which means that the damages a victim receives can be reduced if they were also partially responsible for the accident.
Rideshare Accident Lawyers
What is my Long Beach car accident worth?
Every case is different, but as a Long Beach car accident victim, you could be entitled to any or all of the damages listed below:
- If you’re in a car accident, personal injury cases can include medical bills for your vehicle and any related automobile expenses (such as ambulance fees, hospital charges, physical therapy and rehabilitation costs), in-home care and mental health counselling.
- You may also be entitled to compensation for the time you were unable to work because of your accident and for any lost wages since the date of your accident. If you cannot return to your previous job, you will also lose future earnings.
- The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle is the loss of use.
- Pain and suffering are intended to compensate you for the emotional trauma caused by your accident.
- Punitive damages are rarely given, but if the defendant’s actions were particularly callous or negligent, the court might award them. This isn’t intended to compensate you; rather, it serves as a warning to others and prevents similar conduct in the future.
Long Beach Car Accident Lawyer
You should look for a lawyer if you were injured in an accident.
If a distracted delivery driver swerved out of their lane and caused a head-on collision, or if a distracted driver missed your brake lights and caused a severe rear-ending accident, our lawyers can help.
Contact a wrongful death lawyer or accident attorney today to schedule a free, no-obligation legal consultation.
Accident Lawyers in other States
- Accident Lawyer Rideshare Accident Lawyer Uber Accident Lawyer Los Angeles
- Sacramento auto accident lawyer Truck Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
- Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer Long Beach Anaheim Truck Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
- Car Accident Lawyer San Diego
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas
- Car Accident Lawyer Austin Texas
- Houston Car Accident Lawyer
- New York Truck Accident Lawyer
- Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer
- Denver Car Accident Lawyer
- Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer St. Louis
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Minor Car Accident, Why Hire a Lawyer?
- 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney