Car Accident Lawyer Anaheim
No one ever expects to be involved in a car accident, but unfortunately, they happen daily. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is essential to seek legal help as soon as possible.
When you are involved in a car accident, it is vital to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Anaheim today for a free consultation.
Then, we will work with you to develop a personalized plan
What to Expect After a Car Accident in Anaheim
Our Anaheim personal injury attorneys handle car accident claims related to:
- Inexperienced driving
- Reckless Driving
- 18-Wheeler Crashes
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Texting while Driving
- Pedestrians Jay-Walking
- Bicycle Accidents
- Defective auto parts
- Anaheim Uber & Lyft Rideshare accidents
- Driving under the influence
- Uninsured & underinsured motorists
- Defective highway design
- Distracted driving
- Truck Accident
- Hit and run accidents
- Road rage accidents
- Wrong-way driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
Steps You Should Take After A Car Accident
If you are involved in a car accident, there are specific steps you should take to protect your rights and interests.
By taking these steps, you will be in a better position to recover damages if you are injured and to defend yourself if you are accused of causing the accident.
1. Stop your vehicle and turn off the engine.
2. Check for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
3. Move your vehicle out of the way of traffic, if possible.
4. Call the police to report the accident.
5. Exchange information with the other driver, including your name, contact information, and insurance information.
6. Take photos of the accident scene, if possible.
7. Do not admit fault for the accident to anyone.
8. Contact your insurance company to report the accident.
9. See a doctor as soon as possible, even if you do not think you are injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent.
10. Consult with an experienced car accident attorney to discuss your legal options and whether you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Who Is At Fault for My Car Accident?
If you were in a vehicle accident or hurt due to another motorist’s carelessness, you will benefit from consulting with an experienced automobile accident lawyer.
In California, if someone is injured in a car accident, each party involved is liable for the damages proportional to their fault.
This can make it challenging to figure out who is responsible and how to proceed with a claim.
Example of Comparative Fault:
If someone is 80% at fault for causing an accident, they will only be able to recover 20% of the value of their injury case. Many people in the circumstances like this never pursue their claims, which is a mistake.
Because California’s pure comparative negligence laws allow for that 20% recovery, it’s always worth your while to file a car accident claim.
Citation: California DMV
Proving Negligence in a Car Accident Lawsuit
Four things need to be shown to get money from someone for injuries they caused. Even if those four things are shown, the injured person might not get all the money they want. But it is still important to show those four things.
The four elements of a negligence claim are:
- Duty: The responsibility one person owes to another. Generally speaking, people going about their day owe a duty of ‘reasonable care.’ This is the level of care any ordinary, and reasonably prudent person would use in the same situation.
- Breach: A breach occurs when a person’s level of care falls below the level required by their duty.
- Causation: To put it simply, the breach of duty must cause injury. Although the legal test for causation is considerably more complex than that, the basic test is but for one party’s actions, the injury would not have occurred.
- Damages: Generally speaking, some sort of quantifiable harm must occur. The specific type of injury can vary but extends to property damage, emotional stress, and lost wages.
Negligence is based on the idea that a person should have done something to stop the wrong thing from happening instead of doing something bad themselves.
Compensation for an Anaheim Car Accident Claim
Recovering from an accident can be difficult in many ways. Not only do you have to deal with the physical challenges, but you may also have financial problems.
This is because of current medical costs, future rehabilitation costs, car repairs, and income loss from being unable to work.
You may be entitled to financial compensation for the following:
Economic Damages / Special Damages
Economic damages are tangible losses that can be calculated. They include:
- Medical bills: Including past, current, and future medical expenses.
- Lost wages: You may be able to recover compensation for the income you lost during your recovery and/or will lose as a result of being unable to return to the same job.
Non-Economic Damages / General Damages
Non-economic damages are damages that cannot be calculated but compensate the victim for very real losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduction in quality of life/loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of sexual relations/loss of consortium
In some cases, you may be able to get extra money from the person who hit you in their car. This is called punitive damages.
Money is meant to punish the person for what they did instead of compensating you for what you lost.
Citation: Punitive Damages
Common Injuries Associated With Car Accidents
Car accident victims can have injuries that affect them for a long time. This might mean that they cannot work because of a physical disability or that they have to take on a lot of debt to pay for their medical costs.
Injuries typically require medical treatment to heal, creating undue stress and financial strain.
Injury victims from car accidents can suffer:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Neck and head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Concussion or whiplash
- Chronic pain
- Psychological damage
- Soft tissue injuries
If the accident was someone else’s fault, you might be entitled to compensation, so you won’t have to pay for your medical expenses, property damage, and other expenditures.
You suffered enough and deserve the opportunity to seek legal action against the at-fault party.
Free Case Evaluation from An Anaheim Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in an accident, you must contact a personal injury lawyer immediately. This is the best way to ensure that your claim is successful and that you don’t experience any additional stress. An attorney can help you figure out what to do next and will guide you through the process.
We take the hard work to ensure you get the best chance of recovering from your injury. Complete our contact form if you or a loved one have been injured in an Anaheim vehicle accident.
Our consultations are always free, and there are no obligations.
We will take the time to listen to you so we can hear your situation and explain your best legal options.
Talk To an Anaheim Accident Attorney Before The Insurance Company
If you’ve been in a vehicle accident, you must contact a qualified automobile accident lawyer as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to establish your position.
Auto insurance companies sometimes offer settlements that are less than you deserve. You need someone fighting for you to get the total amount of money you are owed. Someone on your side is not the claims adjuster working for the insurance company.
Insurance companies aren’t your friend.
Sure, as the marketing phrases imply, you are in excellent hands or like a good neighbor, but insurance firms are primarily concerned with profits. They’re attempting to give a quick payout for a sum that appears reasonable but is far lower than what you truly deserve.
When an insurance company asks for your statement of events, they are looking for words they can use to say you are at fault for the accident. They want to give you a lowball settlement.
At first, the insurance company may seem like they care and want to help you get your claim processed quickly. They may say they want to get you paid and back on your feet as soon as possible.
But they want you to settle before you talk to a car accident attorney in Anaheim who could get you.
If you want the best chance of getting a good outcome, you need legal advice from an experienced personal injury law firm.
A top car accident lawyer will do everything possible to ensure the case goes in your favor. This includes investigating the accident, interviewing witnesses, and gathering evidence.
Our Anaheim auto accident attorneys have a lot of experience and know what to do if the case is complicated. We will not let the insurance company cheat you. If we need to, we will go to court.
Car Accident FAQ
How much does it cost to hire a car accident lawyer?
If you have an injury, no matter how minor or severe, you may have to pay for different things. But don’t worry! We work on a contingency fee basis, so our clients don’t have to worry about extra costs. And our No Fee Guarantee means that you won’t owe us anything unless we get money.
What happens if I’m partly to blame for the accident?
California follows a pure comparative negligence rule. That means the maximum compensation you can pursue is reduced proportionately by the percentage of fault you share.
How long will it take to resolve my case?
That all depends on the circumstances of your accident. Some claims are simple to handle through an insurance claim. Others necessitate filing a lawsuit, which can take years to resolve. We’ll look at the facts of the collision and decide what should be done. We won’t be able to give you an exact time frame.
If the insurance company is drawing out the process, there are a few possible options:
- Your private health insurance: Insurance provided by a private company.
- Your government health insurance: Typically low-cost or free. These plans are offered through the state.
- Medical Payments Insurance: awards the victim whether they are at fault or not.
- California worker’s compensation: insurance through your employer.
Citations: Private Health Insurance, California Health Insurance, Medicare, CHIP
What should I do if the insurance company calls me?
You should never speak directly with the other driver’s insurance company. If they call you, politely decline to discuss the claim and tell them to speak with your insurance company or attorney. The other party’s insurance company can use anything you say over the phone against you later to reduce how much money you get for damages.
What if the other driver is uninsured?
Unfortunately, it is all too easy in California to come upon drivers who don’t have insurance on their cars. Even if the driver who struck you was uninsured, our firm might consider other options to get the compensation you deserve. To learn how we can assist you today, contact our office!
Hire A Car Accident Lawyer in Anaheim Today
Get a Free No-Obligation case evaluation.
Accident Lawyers in other States
- Accident Lawyer
- Rideshare Accident Lawyer Uber Accident Lawyer Los Angeles
- Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer Truck Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
- Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer Long Beach Anaheim Truck Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
- Car Accident Lawyer San Diego
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas
- Car Accident Lawyer Austin Texas
- Houston Car Accident Lawyer
- New York Truck Accident Lawyer
- Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer
- Denver Car Accident Lawyer
- Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer St. Louis
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Minor Car Accident, Why Hire a Lawyer?