Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer
The Phoenix metro areas see 1.7 million vehicles each month on its roads. With that level of traffic, over 35,000+ car accidents occurred just in Phoenix.
If you have been involved in a car crash that left you with serious injuries, this page will provide you with the information you need to know your legal rights
A vehicle accident might have a devastating impact on your health, future, and finances. Car accidents can happen for a variety of reasons.
Being involved in an automobile wreck may be stressful. Victims of car accidents may not receive the appropriate care from the other driver’s insurance company since it does not want to give them fair compensation.
We understand the difficulties that people may experience, even in minor traffic collisions, and we want to assist.
Contact a Phoenix accident lawyer immediately if you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicle collision caused by someone else’s negligence.
The Cost to Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Law Firm
You hire a personal injury lawyer on a “contingency” fee basis.
This means that Phoenix car accident lawyers do not charge a single penny until their case is either successfully settled with the insurance company or companies or won in a court of law.
Get a Free Consultation Today.
Who Is The Best Car Accident Lawyer In Phoenix AZ
The best car accident attorney for you is one that meets the following criteria.
- Availability: It is prudent to search for a lawyer who is readily available whenever you require his or her services
- Professionalism: It is vital to search for a lawyer who carries out his/her duties with the utmost professionalism.
- Approachability: The best lawyers should be courteous and easily approachable to their clients. The personal injury lawyer you select should offer reliable and convenient client communication.
- Sincerity: An accident lawyer should always be sincere with their clients. The lawyer should be willing to inform you about the prospects of the case, good and bad, thereby helping you to avoid unnecessary anxiety going forward.
- Record of Success: Reputation is essential in personal injury since the insurance company responsible for the case continually weighs how far to go in their negotiations.
What kind of accidents do our auto accident attorneys handle?
Experienced car accident lawyers will help you get the best outcome with these claims.
- Reckless Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Rear-End Collisions
- Roll Over
- Hit and Run
- Head-on Collision
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Semi Truck
- Commercial Vehicle
- Bus accidents; city and commercial
- Rideshare: Uber / LYFT
- Side Swipe
- Roll Away
- Bicycle caused Accident
- Pedestrian Jay-walking caused the Accident
What to Do After a Car Accident
It is natural to be confused and overwhelmed by a vehicle accident, especially one involving significant bodily harm.
Simultaneously, you should take specific urgent actions to ensure your physical health and the validity of a car accident injury claim, such as meeting with one of our experienced and reputable Phoenix auto accident lawyers.
We’ve broken down essential steps to take following a car, truck, motorcycle or other vehicle accident in or around Phoenix:
- Get Immediate Medical Attention: It is common for accident victims not to feel the full injury effects until the next day, so you should seek medical treatment immediately after the accident. A doctor will also provide hard copies of your injury that can be directly linked as being caused by the car accident.
- Gather Evidence: It is rare when one of our car accident victim clients was not travelling with a cell phone. After exchanging insurance information with the other party, take pictures of the accident scene, all damage to the vehicle, and whether airbags are appropriately deployed. While the police will document the scenes themselves, you should take pictures of the damage, and the accident scene is good.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer – Insurance company employees are motivated to pay as little as possible.
What should you not say to your insurance company after an accident?
Never admit responsibility for an accident to your insurance company or the person hurt due to your negligence. You should also avoid telling the insurance company about any prior health issues. This information might be used later to show that your injuries were caused by something other than the accident.
Before responding to any insurance company, obtaining advice from an experienced car accident lawyer in Phoenix is usually a good idea.
Car Accident Insurance Requirements in Arizona
Each state is responsible for setting these minimum limits, and Arizona requires drivers to carry the following amounts of automobile insurance:
- Bodily injury liability coverage: Minimum $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage: Minimum $15,000
Arizona Car Accident Statute of Limitations
In Arizona, personal injury or wrongful death claimants have just two years from the accident date to pursue compensation. A car accident victim or family who waits more than two years cannot file a compensation claim.
The driver who caused the collision is responsible for paying for any injuries incurred due to the accident in Arizona, which is a comparative negligence state.
Our personal injury attorneys represent clients who have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and were not at fault for it.
Citation: Arizona Personal Injury Statute,
What If Government Vehicle was At Fault For The Accident
You need to file an administrative claim before filing a lawsuit against the government. The time limit for this varies depending on the level of government and agency, but it is usually short, so you need to be aware of it.
- Claims against the federal government must be filed within two years from the date of the incident; claims against the State of Arizona must be filed in 180 days.
After you submit an administrative claim,
- a federal agency has six months to respond;
- an Arizona state agency has 60 days to respond.
You can file suit if the government rejects your claim or offers only partial payment. If an Arizona agency does not respond to your claim within 60 days, your claim is considered denied.
- Lawsuits against a federal agency must be filed within six months from the date your claim was denied.
- Lawsuits against the State of Arizona must be filed within one year of filing the claim.
Citation: AZ 12-821.01,
What is a Government Vehicle?
Federal, state and local governments own and operate a variety of vehicles, including:
- mail trucks
- garbage trucks
- city or school buses
- road construction vehicles
- emergency response vehicles like police cars, fire trucks or ambulances
- government official or employee in either a privately-owned or government-owned vehicle
How long will my Phoenix car accident claim or lawsuit take?
Each claim has numerous components that influence how long it will take to finish. The nature and severity of the harm or injuries will affect the length of time they need medical care and treatment, which will help us determine how much money we’ll need from the insurance carriers or companies in a settlement.
If a car accident claim cannot be resolved promptly, we will file a lawsuit against the insurance carrier or carriers and proceed with the injury case in civil court.
What Compensation Is Available For An Auto Accident In Phoenix?
Automobile accidents frequently have long-term consequences for vehicle accident victims. They may result in thousands of dollars in medical expenses, expensive vehicle repairs, and missed income from not working.
An experienced Phoenix car accident lawyer can assist you in fighting for compensation for these losses and help you and your family recover following the incident.
- Medical expenses – Past, current or future expenses stemming from the vehicle collision
- Loss of income – Lost current or future income, as well as loss of earning ability
- Pain and suffering – Mental, physical and emotional suffering or anguish
- Wrongful Death– Loved ones of victims of fatal collisions can get compensation for their deceased loved ones.
Find a Car Accident Lawyer Near You
The primary goal of Phoenix car accident lawyers is to secure the necessary compensation for car accident victims who have been injured in accidents throughout Maricopa County. This includes you if you live in or around Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, Glendale, Encanto, or Sun City.
Driver Negligence: How Can I Prove Fault In A Collision?
The most crucial element in a car accident case in Phoenix is proving the defendant’s liability. In Arizona, if a person is injured due to the actions of another, he or she can seek compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurance company. A civil personal injury lawsuit can also be used to seek recompense for an individual hurt due to someone else’s negligence.
Depending on the circumstances of the collision, proving liability might be challenging.
To attribute blame or responsibility to one or more parties for causing the accident, it is necessary to examine all the facts and evidence.
- Photographs of the scene
- firsthand accounts
- expert testimony
- police reports
- medical records
The injured party must establish that the other driver possessed a legal duty of care, failed to meet it, and caused the accident.
4 Ways A Phoenix Car Accident Attorney Can Prove Negligence
Experienced personal injury attorneys can prove negligence in 1 of the three ways below.
Our goal is to get you the maximum compensation for all the traumas you have suffered after the trash.
- Duty: The phrase “duty of care” refers to the obligation of the driver to keep others safe by minimizing threats. An expert car accident lawyer is better equipped to show that a negligent act occurred in fulfilling this responsibility. Using the witness testimony and pictures of the accident spot, the Phoenix car accident lawyer will prove that the defendant breached the duty of care and caused negligence.
- Breach of Care: When a duty of care has been established, a plaintiff must show that the defendant breached this duty somehow. In other words, they need to show that the driver operated below an acceptable standard of care period for car accident cases. This often involves proving that the defendant broke a traffic law and caused the accident.
- Causation: When the plaintiff establishes a breach of duty, they need to show that this breach directly caused the incident.
- Damages: Finally, the plaintiff needs to show that they sustained some monetary loss due to the breach of duty.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Phoenix
More distractions are on the road than ever, contributing to a rise in car accidents. With new technologies like cell phones and GPS, drivers are becoming increasingly distracted.
- Reckless Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and driving accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Roll Over
- Hit and Run
- Drunk Driving
- Semi Truck
- Commercial Vehicle
- Rideshare: Uber / LYFT
- Side Swipe
- Roll Away
Factors Contributing to Car Accidents and Injury
Design flaws can contribute to vehicle accidents in a variety of ways. Other causes of motor vehicle collisions might include:
- A stuck gas accelerator
- A vehicle can roll over even when driving appropriately for conditions.
- Poorly designed or manufactured parts or overall vehicle design may lead to an accident or aggravated injuries.
- safety belts breaking or exploding
- brake devices failing or engaging incorrectly
- tires separating
- airbags failing to deploy
- Vehicle transmissions slip into “reverse” from “parked” with the motor running.
- Other vehicle components
While government requirements continue to recognize consumer desire for safer cars, many manufacturers wait until these critical safety features are mandatory before implementing them.
Mechanical Negligence From Repairs
If your car is damaged in a collision and it was because of bad work done on it by a garage, the employer of that garage may be responsible, and they could be sued.
Civic or Federal Negligence for Road and Highway Conditions
Finally, poorly maintained roads and bad road design can contribute to motor vehicle accidents.
- Inadequate road construction markings and safety warnings
- Dangerous or misplaced road construction markers and barricades
- Malfunctioning traffic signals and missing or improper stop signs
- Dangerous curves and defective guard rails
- Inadequate shoulders and dangerous drop-offs
In all of these examples, governmental entities may be held accountable for serious injury or death due to these factors.
Rideshare Car Accident Lawyers in Arizona
Wrongful Death? Do You Have a Case?
Not all fatal accidents give surviving family members the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
To have grounds for a wrongful death suit in Arizona, someone else must have recklessly, wantonly or negligently caused your loved one’s death.
These are the four main elements of a wrongful death claim in Arizona.
An experienced personal injury lawyer will need to prove, based on extensive evidence, that someone else owes your loved one
- a duty to exercise reasonable care,
- breached this duty,
- caused the fatal accident and gave the decedent
- family compensable damages
Who Is Allowed to File a Wrongful Death Claim?
Every state has different laws regarding who has the legal right to bring a wrongful death cause of action.
Under Arizona law, a wrongful death action can be brought forward by
- the surviving spouse
- a child
- a parent
- the personal representative of the estate of the deceased.
A personal representative may be someone the decedent named in a will or the court appoints.
If you act as the plaintiff during your loved one’s wrongful death claim, you can hire a lawyer to help you through the claims process.
Contact Our Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers Today
Our Comprehensive Legal Services
While our Phoenix car accident lawyers are deeply experienced in handling motor vehicle accident claims, we also provide top-tier legal assistance across a wide spectrum of personal injury cases. We understand that each accident type requires a unique approach and specialized understanding, and we’re prepared to offer that tailored support.
Navigate to our dedicated pages below to learn more about how we can assist you:
- Truck Accidents: Our truck accident lawyers understand the complexities involved in accidents with commercial vehicles. They’re ready to take on large trucking companies and their insurers to secure your rightful compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries due to the minimal protection a motorcycle offers its rider. Our lawyers are here to help you recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Bicycle Accidents: Our bicycle accident lawyers are knowledgeable about the specific laws that protect cyclists and are prepared to use that expertise to advocate for your rights following an accident.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable in accidents. If you’ve been injured as a pedestrian, our lawyers will fight to ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can result from negligent property maintenance. We are experienced in premises liability law and will strive to hold negligent parties accountable.
- Wrongful Death: If you’ve lost a loved one in an accident, our compassionate wrongful death lawyers can help you seek justice and compensation for your loss.
Regardless of the circumstances of your accident, our Phoenix personal injury lawyers are ready to provide the legal representation you need to secure your future. Reach out to us for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in other States
- Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer Truck Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
- Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer Long Beach Anaheim Truck Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
- Car Accident Lawyer San Diego
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyer Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas
- Car Accident Lawyer Austin Texas
- Houston Car Accident Lawyer
- New York Truck Accident Lawyer
- Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer
- Denver Car Accident Lawyer
- Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer St. Louis
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Minor Car Accident, Why Hire a Lawyer?
- Helicopter Accident Lawyer
- Robinson Helicopter Crash Lawyer
- Air Ambulance Crash Lawyer