San Diego Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Understanding Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have transformed transportation in San Diego and across the globe. However, with the convenience they offer also comes the potential for accidents. When you’re a passenger, another driver, or a pedestrian involved in an accident with a rideshare vehicle, it can be challenging to know where to turn for compensation. Our team of San Diego rideshare accident lawyers has the expertise to navigate these complex cases and help you receive the compensation you deserve.
The Law and Rideshare Accidents
California law stipulates that rideshare companies must provide $1 million in liability coverage for accidents that occur during active rides, which begins when a driver accepts a ride request and ends when the passenger is dropped off.
If you’re involved in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, but no passengers were in the car, these companies still provide coverage, albeit a smaller amount. In such cases, the liability coverage is up to $50,000 per person for bodily injury, $100,000 total per accident for bodily injury, and $25,000 for property damage.
The Process of Filing a Claim
As with any accident, the first step after ensuring everyone’s safety and getting the necessary medical attention is to document the accident scene. Gather as much information as possible, including driver details, witness accounts, and photographs of the scene.
The next step is to report the accident to the rideshare company via their app. However, it’s essential to speak with a rideshare accident lawyer before giving any formal statements or accepting any settlements from the rideshare company or their insurers. Our team can guide you through the process, ensuring your rights are protected and that you’re pursuing the full compensation you’re entitled to.
Passenger, Motorist, and Pedestrian Accidents Involving Rideshares
As a passenger in a rideshare, you are covered by the rideshare company’s insurance if an accident occurs, regardless of who was at fault.
As a motorist in another vehicle, if you’re hit by a rideshare driver who is at fault, you can claim compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance.
As a pedestrian, if you’re hit by a rideshare vehicle while the driver is on duty, you can also seek compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance.
Regardless of your role in the accident, our team of experienced rideshare accident lawyers in San Diego can help you navigate the claims process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What should I do if I’m involved in a rideshare accident?
First, ensure everyone’s safety and call 911 to report the accident and get any necessary medical attention. Document the scene and gather as much information as possible. Report the accident to the rideshare company via their app. Consult with a rideshare accident lawyer before making any statements to insurers or accepting any settlements.
2. Who is liable in a rideshare accident?
Liability in a rideshare accident can depend on several factors, including who was at fault for the accident and whether the rideshare driver was “on duty” or not. In many cases, the rideshare company’s insurance may cover damages.
3. Can I sue Uber or Lyft after an accident?
California law requires rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft to carry significant insurance coverage for their drivers. You typically file a claim against this insurance policy rather than suing the company directly. Consult with a rideshare accident attorney for specifics.
4. How much compensation can I receive from a rideshare accident claim?
Compensation depends on the specifics of the accident, including the severity of injuries and the degree of fault. It can cover medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
5. How long do I have to file a claim after a rideshare accident?
In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases, including rideshare accidents, is generally two years from the date of the accident. However, certain circumstances might alter this timeline.
6. What if I was a pedestrian or cyclist hit by an Uber or Lyft driver?
If you were hit by a rideshare driver who was on duty, you could seek compensation from the rideshare company’s insurance.
7. Do I need a lawyer for a rideshare accident claim?
Navigating the claims process can be complex due to the involvement of rideshare companies and their insurers. An experienced rideshare accident lawyer can guide you, protect your rights, and help you seek full compensation.
8. What services does a rideshare accident lawyer provide?
A rideshare accident lawyer can guide you through the claims process, help gather evidence, determine liability, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary. Their expertise can greatly increase the chances of a successful claim.
Navigating a rideshare accident claim can be complex. Our team of dedicated San Diego rideshare accident lawyers is here to guide you through every step, ensuring that you understand your rights and options and that you receive the full compensation you’re entitled to. Contact us today to learn how we can assist you.
Explore Our Other San Diego Personal Injury Services
We understand that every accident is unique, and each comes with its own set of challenges. That’s why, along with our rideshare accident services, we offer comprehensive legal support for various types of personal injury cases in San Diego. Click on the links below to learn more about our specialized services in these areas:
- Car Accident Lawyer: For victims of car accidents, our attorneys offer in-depth knowledge of California’s traffic laws and insurance regulations.
- Truck Accident Lawyer: Our expertise in handling complex truck accident cases can help victims seek justice against negligent drivers, trucking companies, and other liable parties.
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: We understand the unique factors at play in motorcycle accidents and can help you fight for compensation.
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer: Our legal team can support you through the challenges that bicycle accident victims often face when dealing with insurance companies.
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer: We help pedestrians injured in traffic accidents navigate the complexities of seeking compensation.
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer: If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, our attorneys can assist you in seeking damages.
- Wrongful Death Lawyer: If you’ve lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, we can provide compassionate, dedicated representation to help you seek justice.
- Mass Tort Lawyer: If you’ve been harmed by defective medical devices or pharmaceuticals, we can help you understand your rights and potential claims.
Remember, our dedicated San Diego personal injury lawyers are here to provide the support you need during these difficult times. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help.