Personal injury and civil justice attorney, Brooks Cutter is a leading advocate for consumer justice and protecting the rights of the severely injured.
A founding partner in the premier Sacramento, California plaintiff’s law firm, Cutter Law P.C. represents clients with significant personal injuries in the areas of medical negligence claims, consumer class action, dangerous drugs and defective medical devices, insurance bad faith, consumer fraud, auto, trucking and motorcycle accidents, brain and spinal cord injuries, asbestos exposure and whistleblower / False Claims Act.
Located at 401 Watt Avenue #100 Sacramento,CA 95864
- J.D. Stanford Law School, 1985
- Graduate, Spence Trial Lawyers College
- Clerked for the Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Honorable James R. Browning (1985 – 1986)
NOTABLE CASES INCLUDE:
$7.6 Million jury verdict on behalf of a client who suffered a spinal cord injury when her doctors failed to diagnose a tumor on her spine.
$23.5 Million in whistleblower action against one of the world’s largest medical device manufacturers, Medtronic Inc for defrauding the federal government.
Co-Lead Counsel for more than 200 individuals who were injured by a defective medical device manufactured by Johnson & Johnson (settlement confidential).
$240 Million nationwide settlement – Brooks was a member of the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee against Boston Scientific and Guidant on behalf of 5,000 clients injured by defective cardiac defibrillators.
Brooks has received various honors and recognition’s, including his listings in Super Lawyers and Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Rated Attorney
- Northern California Super Lawyer — 2005 – 2015 Consecutively
- Sacramento Top 25 Super Lawyers – 2013 – 2014
- Best of the Bar, Sacramento Business Journal, 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Rated Attorney
- Advocate of the Year, 2007, Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
- Finalist, 2005 Consumer Attorney of the Year, Consumer Attorneys of California
- Presidential Award of Merit, 2005, Consumer Attorneys of California
- Award of Merit, Sacramento Consumer Attorneys
- Board Member, Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association (formerly Sacramento Consumer Attorneys)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Past President, Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
- Faculty Member, Spence Trial Lawyers College
- Former Board of Governors Member, Consumer Attorneys of California
- Volunteer, Trial Lawyers Care — Represented a family of a victim of the 9/11 tragedy through hearing and award, on a pro bono basis